Posted on

Federal Student Loan Reaffirmation Agreement

Step 5 – The involuntary loan is considered resolved from the date the service receives the confirmation agreement signed by the student. Contact your credit officer directly for instructions to complete the confirmation process. The loan holder, supplier or guarantee agency must print the form on white paper in black ink. The font, the size of the dots and the general display of the form cannot be changed from the attached version. Credit holders and credit providers may use empty spaces at the top, bottom or pages of the barcode coding form or other information specific to the credit holder or service. In addition, loan holders and credit providers can fill out their contact information in the corresponding sections of the form. The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has approved the confirmation agreement attached under the control number OMB 1845-0133 with an expiration date of 30.06.2018. Credit holders, service providers and schools are encouraged to immediately begin using the attached form and are not allowed to submit another confirmation agreement to borrowers after March 30, 2016. Active interest that is incorrectly included in your credit balance 1. Contact their Federal Loan Servicer to pay off the full excess credit. 1. The student or UNM contacts the service and declares that the student has accidentally overcreated and wishes to confirm his guilt. Contact our office directly (505-277-8900) and indicate that you have spoken to your credit provider and have decided to sign a confirmation agreement.

Contact your federal loan department and ask for the excess credit to be refunded. Your Federal Loan Servicer will give you specific instructions for payment. Once you have repaid the full amount, your federal loan service will send you a confirmation that the amount of the excess credit has been repaid. You must submit a copy of this confirmation with your name and UNM IDENTIFIANT to the UNM Financial Aid Office. Our office will verify the documents and determine your eligibility based on the date the Federal Loan Service found that you had repaid the excess. In Dear Colleague Letter GEN-13-02, we described the process in which a borrower who accidentally exceeded an annual or aggregate credit limit could reclaim Title IV eligibility by confirming the excess amount of the direct loan or FFEL program. Step 3 – The student reads, signs and returns to the Service of confirmation agreement. You must reinstate your eligibility if you wish to qualify for one of your remaining eligibility conditions during the bonus year. If you are not allowed, you cannot get Pell, FSEOG, MAP, FWS, Stafford or MORE loans.

(Please note that you cannot reinstate your authorization if you are not entitled to Pell or MAP and have exhausted your Stafford loan authorization.) Note: Columbia Central will initiate the confirmation process only for Columbia students currently enrolled. If you exceed your aggregate or annual credit limits (you can find these limits at (, you are no longer entitled to any form of financial assistance until they restore your eligibility. Step 1 – Either the institution or the student contacts the service and explains that the student has accidentally overcreated and wants to confirm the debt. Note that the student must complete the school where the student is seeking Title IV assistance in section 3 of the form. Section 3 invites the school to determine which loans or loans are the cause of the disposal and how much the loan is. 2. The lender will send you (the student) the confirmation agreement (copy of the agreement for your verification, the credit service will send you your copy if you contact it). Summary: The letter contains information on a new form of use by lenders and credit service providers in the “Direct Loan” and “Federal Family Education Loan” programs.