Posted on

Default Judgment With Agreement

As a general rule, in a divorce case, the first step is for a party to file for divorce or, in legal jargon, an application for dissolution. The filing and proper service of the petition triggers a delay for the other party (“responding party”) to submit and notify a “response” to the divorce application. The responding party is “late” if it fails to provide a response (or other appropriate request) within the time allowed to respond to the request for dissolution (usually thirty days after service). Despite the requirement to submit a response to a divorce application within thirty days, the parties may agree to extend the time limit if they so wish. Divorce lawyers are experienced in preparing an application for dissolution, and their advice is invaluable in this regard. And remember that if 1 of the spouses or domestic partners receives public assistance and the Local Children`s Aid Agency (CBCA) is involved (or if the CBCA has filed a child maintenance case at the request of 1 of the parents), the CBCA must sign any agreement involving family allowances. When a person makes a divorce application and sends the summons to the other party, either the first party receives a response to the divorce action or they do not. If your partner does not have an answer to your divorce application, the case is called standard. A standard case can be divided into two broad categories, namely a standard with agreement and a failure without agreement. They should also receive more information on assistance to spouses or partners, as well as on custody and visitation agreements. You can get some information on this site.